From the Karoo to Bloukrans, South Africa holds record to one-of-a-kind places and things. Here are five that will surprise you.
1. The only street in the world to have housed two Nobel Peace prize winners is in Vilakazi Street, Soweto, South Africa. (Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu)
2. The Karoo area is home to some of the greatest dinosaur fossil remains.
3. South Africa is the only manufacturer of the Mercedes Benz C Class right hand drive cars.
4. The Palace of the Lost City hotel is the biggest theme resort hotel in the entire world and is the largest building project undertaken in the southern hemisphere.
5. Three of the five fastest land animals in the world live in South Africa: the Cheetah, the Wildebeest, and the Lion.
Article courtesy: SA Good News