The South African National Library Service and The National Professional Teachers' Organization of South Africa (NAPTOSA) recently received a donation of 172,200 books for distribution across South African libraries and schools from Nal'ibali, a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign, in partnership with Wimpy.
Saving the last lions of Africa seems to be doomed to failure before even trying. Believe it or not, making people aware of the fact that we will lose the wild lions of Africa is much harder than saving them. We as humans have become familiarised with viewing constant negative images via various methods of the media and we tend to forget that there is actually a real animal or human behind all the images we see. The gruesome images did not occur with photoshop to make headlines for a few seconds in our busy lives. It's "humans" that do this.
South African composer Philip Miller has been nominated for an Emmy Award for best original dramatic score for a mini-series or movie for his soundtrack to the film The Girl. The annual Emmy Awards aim to reward excellence in the television industry, and the 2013 awards on 22 September will be the 65th edition of the ceremony.
Keep The Dream196, a not for profit life-skills project located near Tzaneen in Limpopo Province, is becoming known for its positive and lasting impact on orphans and vulnerable children. Since its inception in 2007, the organisation has been assisting local children and the youth to overcome the difficult life obstacles they face on a daily basis, through building resilience physically, emotionally, spiritually and psychologically. The goal is to help them realise their full potential and contribute to the building of South Africa.
Lead SA celebrated its third year anniversary on Wednesday at the Clock Tower in Cape Town. Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu was the keynote speaker. The civil society organisation is an initiative between Primedia Broadcasting and the Independent Group of Newspapers and was founded in August 2010.
More Articles ...
- South Africans 'starting to spend again'
- South African women's lives improving: survey
- Bringing joy to vulnerable children
- Nedbank provides essential health services to learners.
- Mandela an inspiration to the world
- Economy showing signs of growth
- Recycling - a viable income source for the unemployed .
- Mandela Day 2013
- Top accreditation for the UCT Graduate School of Business
- My School: Storybooks for Children
- South Africa is a sound investment destination
- Sucking the life out of SA ....
- Sustaining the Wild Coast
- Beguiled by our awesome new South Africa
- Moving for a brighter future